Little Green Faeries

Like someone pissing in your stream of consciousness

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

3 am phone call fromDallas,you lost somewherein Texas
whiskey drunk and thinking
as I lay 500 miles away
Memphis with me
Sleeping,
Knowing
This,
as all things
too
shall pass
I love you.
hung over in my bed
spread long night split open day light
draggingthe midtown bars
your body
a southern city
under a blanketof invisible stars.
I breathe in
your dreams
while you're sleeping
skin seeping
stale alcohol sweat,smell of the downtown bars
now wet the simple curve between your shoulders
and invisible scars where I lay my head
listening
to your music and take each breath with you
Knowing,
this as all things
too
shall pass
I leave you now
while your world is getting bigger
to map out your fate in another
spread...long...night
the simple curve of daylight
waking you with another
country, your body a foreign city
soon you will find yourself,
love, among beautiful illusions
women,
many who will make you feel like a man
such a beautiful illusion
of these,
few
willing to sacrifice to make youa better man
I was one.
I know you
never asked me to
feel
But I will never forgive your indifference

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home